Friday 28 August 2009

BAFL 1: Preview


BAFL 1

This weekend we have one regular season game and the start of the play offs.

I know I always say it but the games this weekend are going to be very exciting. The East Kilbride versus Gateshead game should be all about defence and the Kent versus Tamworth should be all about offence. I can't wait of the scores and reports to come through from the games.

West Coast Trojans at Dundee Hurricanes

The West Coast Trojans travel north in the hope that they don't get blow away in Dundee.

The Trojans will have the opportunity to over take the Hurricanes and the Merseyside Nighthawks in the BAFL 1 North Conference.

I believe that fact will prove key, away win for me.

Doncaster Mustangs at London Cobras

The Mustangs enter the snakes pit on Sunday when they visit the London Cobras.

The Cobras will be looking for yet another victory in what has been a very successful season for the London team.

The Mustangs do have one advantage, the BritBowl final is hosted at their home ground. Will that be enough for Doncaster to put in their best performance of the season. I'm not sure, the Mustangs will need to play at their top level to take victory away from, what will be a very confident Cobras team.

Adding to the game day excitement is the fact that the Cobras junior team the 'London Warrior' will be playing their own play off game against the juniors of the Colchester Gladiators. A win for the Warrior's would put the pressure on the Cobras, how will that affect the team?

Find out on Sunday.

Kent Exiles at Tamworth Phoenix


Losing only one game this season the Tamworth Phoenix host the Kent Exiles. This game could be the highest scoring game of the season, I'll go as far as saying it will be.

The Exiles have been involved in some of the highest scoring games, you'll find anyway. This season they score 50 points and lost the game Cambridgeshire. The next week they beat Norwich 56-12.

Now the Phoenix defence is very strong and will look to send out a statement of intent to the reason of the division. Shutting down the leading offence in the division will do that.

I'll say that the Tamworth offence to out score the Exiles, but if you leave in the area then get to this game. It could be a Madden scoreline!

Gateshead Senators at East Kilbride Pirates

This game is simple, last week the Senators ended the Pirates perfect season with a 7-6 victory which I didn't predict. East Kilbride will be looking for revenge this week.

Last weeks game was once by running back Rob Lochrie scored from five yards out. This was after the Pirates missed an extra point after they scored giving the game to the Senators.

I would say that revenge is a powerful thing and the Pirates will be switched on this week. This will however be another defensive showcase.

Cambridgeshire Cats at Oxford Saints

On Sunday the Oxford Saints play host to the Cambridgeshire Cats for a place in the semi finals.

The Saints suffered a defeat at the hands of the Tamworth Phoenix last week I will look to take that out on the Cats. I fully expect the Saints to start like a team with a mission. The defeat to Tamworth would have hurt Oxford and Cambridgeshire will have to make sure that they are not caught in the head lights.

The Cats are also coming of a lose but in there case it's to the undefeated London Cobras.

With a semi final place up for grabs on Sunday both teams will have their eyes fixed on that prize. Home advantage could be the deciding factor but the team in red could prove that wrong.

I feel like I have splinters in my rear about this game. That means I'm on the fence and I'm not moving.

Any stats in this report came from the clubs web site.

The Saints Phoenix picture is courtesy of 'Perdy kirland', thank you.

Follow me on Twitter for all my latest updates on all things Football from both sides on the pond and my ramblings about Fantasy Games and other stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment