Thursday 20 August 2009

Vince Lombardi

I was searching the internet for quotes and of course I looked up the great coach Vince Lombardi. So far my favourite one is this.

"You never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn't mean a thing. That's for the fans. You've got to win the war with the man in front of you. You've got to get your man."

I believe this not only explains football but it explains all sport. Players forget that winning as a team can only be achieved by players winning there battles.

A coach once told me that you can't control your opponent if you can't control yourself first.

In football each play has 11 battles on the field. Win more battles than they lose and your team has a successful play.

Follow me on Twitter for all my latest updates on all things Football from both sides on the pond and my ramblings about Fantasy Games and other stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment