Wednesday 19 August 2009

Brett Frave: The Great One Returns


Brett Favre returns to the NFL by signing with the Minnesota Vikings. Three weeks ago Favre declined the Vikings offer to return to the NFL. Now he's back and looking for his second ring.

Favre enters his 19th NFL season with maybe the best chance he's had to win a super bowl since his solo victory in 1997. The Vikings boost one of the leagues best running attacks and this will allow Favre to pick his throws throughout the season.

Playing for the Vikings adds one other pressure to Favre, The Green Bay Packers. Namely two games against Favre's old team. Vikings Packers games already have a touch of spice to them so going against there old leader will only add wood to the fire not start one.

As a fan of the NFL, I for one am glad that one of my heroes is continuing for one more season. Players like Favre, Ray Lewis, Orlando Pace and Tory Holt are reasons why I really enjoyed watch football in my early days.

Lets hope that number 88 returns as well.

Visit NFL.com to watch the Vikings press conference here.

Follow me on Twitter for all my latest updates on all things Football from both sides on the pond and my ramblings about Fantasy Games and other stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment