Tuesday 15 September 2009

NFL: Are the Saints the really deal?

By Daniel Ferdinand

Okay yes the Saints won convincingly, but lets be honest they were playing the Detroit Lions. Last season quarterback Brees threw for nearly 5,000 yards and he start this season where he left off last year.

I watch the highlights of the game on NFL.com and I saw to faults in the Saints team. I'm not going to talk about injuries, because that goes for every team in the league. But the defence does not look like it has improved enough. The Lions touchdown was a simple pitch left and the running back walked into the endzone.

The other problem as I see it, is Reggie Bush. I'm still not sold on Bush, he is an explosive player, however he doesn't seem like he can carry the load in the NFL. He completed his first NFL season but has yet to finish 16 games since and the Lions were able to hold him to 14 yards on 7 carries. May be that had something to do with Bush missing the last 3 pre season games, but that is my point, he gets banged up all the time.

I believe their are a number of teams ahead of the Saints, but New Orleans could see a wild card game this season. Brees will have to stay fit and on form. He is the key for this team.

Follow me on Twitter for all my latest updates on all things Football from both sides on the pond and my ramblings about Fantasy Games and other stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment